Sleepless in Seattle: Amy Eats Pike Place Market (Seattle, WA)

8:30:00 AM

You Are What You Eat


I’m apparently a cheesy, caffeinated, comfy (apple n’ cinnamon) Greek woman! Maybe in my past life?

So blogging for this week began like any other week, except for the fact that I had this sitting in the drafts gathering dust and cobwebs for a few weeks. It's been crazy at work lately, so I'm sorry for the lack of posts this month. On the other hand, if you follow me on Instagram, you can see what I've been up to most of this month.

I'll tell you what this post was originally. It was going to be a continuation of my Seattle Recap, aka, why-are-you-still-posting-about-this-Amy blog post. I was going to talk about Piroshky Piroshky and end it like that.

But due to my negligent ways, I will make it up to you by not only recapping Piroshky Piroshky, but to recap all of my eats in Pike Place Market. Yes, you hear me! ALL!

We're talking Mac and Cheese from Beecher's Handmade Cheese, the Apple Cinnamon Roll at Piroshky Piroshky, Starbucks (Oh yes!), and Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt. Mmhmm... the whole enchilada. Because you deserve it! It's the least I can do.

But Amy, what about January's Newsletter?

Shush, you! Have a cookie! It's a work in progress.

Beecher's Homemade Cheese


Mac and Cheese
Modeled by the spectacular PC. 
The first stop on our list was Beecher's Homemade Cheese for their Worlds' Famous Mac and Cheese. World Famous? Well I'll see about that.

I didn't actually order this, but PC was generous enough to let me share her cup of Mac and Cheese. Interesting enough, instead of the macaroni, they substituted it with penne. Which I guess is understandable if you want to maximize the cheesy potential.

The cheese is rich and creamy, but also has an acidic kick to add a different flavor to your palate. And as for being the Worlds' Famous? It's good, but I wouldn't go as far as giving it that title.

And between our group, it was a mixed bag leaning towards the mediocre, thumbs-down side.


But if you were ever curious about cheese making, they have a large glass window outside their store front that lets you peer into the mysteries behind milk, curdling, fermentation and all that good stuff.

1600 Pike Pl
Seattle, WA 98101

Starbucks



A must see if you drink Starbucks or in some cases, worship the Starbucks deity. The flagship Starbucks store that is a must-see destination when in Seattle is located close to Piroshky Piroshky.

So close that I mistaken the Piroshky Piroshky line for the Starbucks line.

Turns out the Starbucks line was further down. And much shorter. Yup, MUCH SHORTER.

Thanks to it being off season for tourism, I only needed to wait in line for about 15-20 minutes before I could order. That's faster than the Starbucks lines on some days at the Great Mall.

Order up!
Chatted with one of the baristas while I waited and we exchanged food recommendations. He suggested that I visit a pizza place, but unfortunately we didn't have time to make venture. Next time!

As for the drinks, I didn't try anything new. Just stuck with an iced latte so that I can power through with the second half of the day. PC and DN did purchase a decorative commemorative mug for memories though!

1912 Pike Pl
Seattle, WA 98101

Ellenos Greek Yogurt



After a heaping of cheese, chowder and coffee, what's better to top it all off with some Greek yogurt courtesy of Ellenos Greek Yogurt?

Located at a small stand across from the Pike Place Market, this small abode is staffed by some of the friendliest people I've met during this trip. Can't decide what you want? Just ask for a sample or samples...


I got a small Marionberry and split it between PC and LW while we sat inside the Pike Place Market for shelter while overlooking the harbor. It's rich, creamy and so satisfying without the guilt. The marionberry had the perfect level of tartness and sweetness without being overbearing. And despite my gluttony protesting, the three of us finished off every last bit of the container without physically licking off the remnants.

Corner Market
1500 Pike Pl
Seattle, WA 98101

Piroshky Piroshky



PC and I came back to Pike Place Market on Sunday morning. The day we were going to leave. While wandering around the streets waiting for the rest of our group, we were once again enticed by the scent of the elusive apple and cinnamon aroma drifting out from Piroshky Piroshky.

Of course, we folded and stood in line with everybody else.

What can I say besides that my stomach always win this mind war? Doesn’t make sense?

Beautiful!
As PC approached the front of the line, I chose to stand outside with our bags while she purchased the goods. Of course, I parked myself right in front of the window, so that I could get a great view of the “magical” baking process. Conveniently, it’s also in front of the air vent that, if it was a person, deserves a raise! Who needs a billboard or large sign when you have the air vent doing the job?

Bottle it up and let me know where I can purchase an Apple and Cinnamon Eau de Perfume!

The view that morning.
We took the Apple and Cinnamon Roll with us back to our previous seating area for a late breakfast. The cold outside may have cooled down our apple and cinnamon roll, but it was still pretty darn satisfying.


Huge--  this roll was about the size of my hand, from the tip of my fingers down to the end of my palm and stuffed and rolled with cinnamony, apple goodness. The apple pieces were crisp and tart while the cinnamon sugar mixture was sweet and sticky.

We devoured it quickly and messily. Thank goodness for wet wipes!

1908 Pike Pl
Seattle, WA 98101

What’s on your must-eat list when you visit(ed) Pike Place Market?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe