Starbucks' Valentine Special: Molten Chocolate Frappuccino

11:50:00 AM

Starbucks

Cheers to a Molten, Icy-- Oxymoron Intended Concoction


There comes a time in everyone’s life where they must look at Frappuccino and think to themselves: NOPE.

And I’m sure I’ll hit that point eventually, but not today.

Starbucks came out with three limited edition drinks this year to celebrate Valentine’s Day: Molten Chocolate Latte, Molten Hot Chocolate and Molten Chocolate Frappuccino.

You guessed it! I went for the most sugar-coma inducing one: the Molten Chocolate Frappuccino.

YOLO never resonated so deeply with me until that moment. What can I say? I was never the reckless type unless you consider mixing yogurt, milk tea and burgers all in one seating. And trying out food in greasy joints that look like they didn’t pass health inspection--then I’m your gal!

Starbucks described the Molten Chocolate Frappuccino as: “Coffee with rich mocha sauce and chocolatey chips blended with milk and ice. This beverage is finished with mocha and espresso-infused whipped cream and an espresso mocha drizzle.”

Now that sounds good. But hey, when you’re a corporation as big as Starbucks, they have a team dedicated to making sure that their marketing message sells.

Question is: was it really good? Or am I just sold by their marketing campaign?

If this was TL;DR, just read this: it was good. Like a blended Ferrero Rocher, without the creamy Nutella filling. A nice balance of sweetness and a tinge of bitterness. The blended chocolate chips gave a nice bite and reminded me vaguely of a milkshake.

I wasn’t too impressed by the espresso-infused whipped cream because I found that it had an odd sour note to it.

Perhaps it was from the espresso mocha drizzle rather than the whipped cream.

Overall, I wouldn’t be too bothered if I spent Valentine’s Day nursing a Venti Molten Chocolate Frappuccino and snuggled up besides a book-- which I did not do btw.

If you must know, I got my ass kicked in a Zumba session. See. Amy being productive and working hard. After all, I’m not naturally thin. Gotta work off all the extra calories somehow!

Good job, Starbucks for rebuilding my faith in you! Because after Frappula, I thought it was all downhill from here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe