1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria (Cupertino, CA)

12:00:00 PM

If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen!


I can never resist a good slice of pizza.

1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria recently opened up a storefront in Cupertino and reached out to me, asking if I wanted to try it out.

I headed over yesterday with a coworker to try it out. 1000 Degrees is located on Homestead Road in Cupertino, in a large plaza that includes Michael’s, Ross and Starbucks. We arrived at about 12 and it was empty inside.

Sauce Station
Cheese
More Cheese.
Meats.

Veggies

See the Falafels?
Similar to what you find at Blaze Pizza, Pieology and Mod Pizza, you have the choice of creating your own pizza or choosing from their selections on the menu. I opted for the 10” Smokey Pollo Pizza--also offered in 14”--, which had a “sweet and smokey bourbon barbecue sauce, roasted chicken, bacon, red onion, red peppers, pineapple, shredded mozzarella and blue cheese.”


My coworker doesn’t eat bacon, so they were happy to accommodate and only put it on half of the pizza. We also ordered 6 wings in the orange sesame flavor and paid at the register.

At this time, a handful of other people had trickled in while we took our seats. Our server was kind enough to bring our pizza to our table when it was ready.

As you can see, it was on the “burnt” side (especially the bits with the bacon) and he offered to remake it, but I told him we’ll make due. I had a feeling they were still trying to figure out how to use that oven of theirs.

I'm a bad ass oven. Hear me roar!
There’s a such thing as too much firepower. 1000 degrees IS awfully hot.

After picking out the burnt bits from my pizza, I have to say, it’s quite delicious. The sweetness of the barbecue sauce contrasted nicely against the chicken breast and bacon. And the blue cheese was a nice touch. Very mild.

Close Up
Their crust is thicker than the thin crust of Pieology and resembles more like Blaze, but with more of a rise.
Well done~
Sadly, our orange sesame wings suffered from the same predicament. That glaze with the high sugar content is incredibly susceptible to burning. The meat was still nice and tender on the inside, but I tasted more charred sugar than “orange sesame.” Reminded me of family summer picnics when we didn’t pay attention to the grill.

That said: the service and people were great. The owner, I believe, came to our table and asked about our meal. There are plenty of chairs and seating and they also serve alcohol, if you want some wine to go with your pizza. They have stamp cards so that if you buy enough pizza, you get something for free. INCENTIVE, check!


Perhaps I’ll make a visit in a couple of months, after they have a better control of that beast of an oven. Rawr!


What are you doing this weekend? It finally feels like summer in San Jose! I am attending my nephew’s 1st birthday and then celebrating my aunt’s birthday on Sunday. Happy Birthdayyyy~

20674 Homestead Rd

Cupertino, CA 95014

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe