Seoul Jung (Santa Clara, CA)

8:00:00 AM

Fast & Hearty Food Court Lunch

Normally, I pack a lunch for work, but every now and then I do go out for lunch and one way or another, I end up on El Camino Real, which can be considered the K-Town of the Bay Area. It’s nothing in comparison to the one in Southern California, but it’s probably the closest thing for now. It’s basically a street filled with an assortment of Korean shops, restaurants and supermarkets.

I like stopping over in the Lawrence Plaza Food Court where they have a selection of food stalls. Just imagine your local mall’s food court, but with Korean Food. Seoul Jung is located in the same plaza as Paris Baguette, Galleria Market, Jang Su Jang and the roasted sweet potatoes stall (you know which one!). This place is a very popular area for lunch and parking (for the most part) is a nightmare. The spots are tight and the drivers and people can be inconsiderate in the parking lot.

A while back, I had lunch with a coworker and we chose to eat at Seoul Jung. I opted for the Bibimbap that day because I felt like eating something simple but carb-filled that day. Never underestimate those Korean ahjummas and ahjusshis. You always get what you paid for and sometimes more. 

As seen in the photo above, I had an entire platter of food. I like how they offer the purple rice in this location. As for the bibimbap ingredients, you have your usual assortment of veggies and your choice of meat (I chose beef) and topped with a fried egg. The egg was overcooked. I prefer one with a runny yolk, but I wasn’t too bothered. 

Not pictured is the gochujang (pepper paste) on the side of the tray that goes in with the rice. For banchans (side dishes), we have your standard kimchi (spicy for my taste buds, but bearable. I still prefer the one from the Tofu House in Milpitas), marinated bean sprouts, jap chae (glass noodles) and broccoli (random, but you see them sometimes). Last, but not least, you have a light broth to wash everything down. I say that, but I ate only half of my bibimbap and took the rest home.

You get what you pay for and it gets the job done. Large portions and decent quality food.

Has anybody tried the sushi burrito stand in the food court? I want to try it, but my friends tell me it’s not worth it. 

Seoul Jung
3561 El Camino Real
Ste 30
Santa Clara, CA 95051


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe